You can find De Gouden Kooi on two locations in the centre of Mechelen: our 4 Escape games are located at Gerechtstraat 10 (street behind the justice building). The address for our Escape experiences is Haverwerf 7 (square across from Vismarkt). There are more differences between the two types of games than just the location, of course. Find out more here.
Your safety and the safety of our employees comes first. Different initiatives were taken to guarantee your safety. These are the most important ones:
- A fire detection system is in place in the building and in the escape rooms.
- There is an emergency button in every escape room to be able to leave the room at any given time.
- Fire extinguishers are placed in the building.
- Emerceny lighting is installed.
- All electric locks will open if there's any sign of emergency.
- The local firebrigade did check our premesis.
These measures (and others) guarantee your safety so you can safely play an escape room at De Gouden Kooi.
We have already received several groups of children. Based on these experiences, we would like to give the following advice:
- Children under 12 years old can play in a group where the majority is an adult.
- Children between 12 and 14 are preferably accompanied by at least one adult.
- Children over 14 years old can play the game perfectly without adults.
We monitor the game remotely and we can assist the children with tips and hints when necessary.
No, the game is suitable for everyone. Physical efforts are not required.
If you wish to know if there're still rooms available today, please call us at (+32) 015/67.68.67.
If you play one of our Escape games, you get 60 minutes to escape the room. If you play an Escape experience, you get 70 minutes.
Yes, you can indeed. You can find all details here.
We strive to make the various riddles and puzzles language independent. In the unlikely event that language still plays a role, for our Escape games, we ensure that both Dutch, French and English people can play the escape game perfectly. For our Escape experiences, Dutch and English language is ensured.
Yes, you certainly can. You book the ordinary way and pay the normal price. Bring your voucher with you the day of the escape game, and we will pay you the value of the voucher.
You do not need anything except your common sense. Remember to bring your glasses if you wear one.
No. All of our rooms are absolutely unique. The stories and puzzles are all original and carefully designed by the owners of De Gouden Kooi.
No. Any room that you book is reserved for your team alone. No other people are added to the room if your team does not reach the maximum capacity.